Stefano SilvestriPhD Graduate Student, Department of Mathematical Sciences
B.A. Cum Laude with Distinction and M.A. from Boston University, January 2013
Courses Taught / Teaching
Primary Instructor : M-118, M-119; MATH 16600; MATH 17100; MATH 22100; MATH 22200; MATH 23200.
Teaching Assistant: MATH 16500
Dynamical systems: complex dynamics, iterated function systems, fractal geometry, symbolic dynamics, ergodic theory.
Advisor: Rodrigo Perez.
Publications & Professional Activities
5. Alibeik, M., Nezamuddin, O., Rubin, M., Wheeler, N., Silvestri, S., dos Santos, E. Airgap-less electric motor: A solution for high-torque low-speed applications. IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC), pp.1-8 (2017).
4. Blanchard, P., Cuzzocreo, D., Devaney, R. L., Fitzgibbon, E., and Silvestri, S. A Dynamical Invariant for Sierpinski Cardioid Julia Sets. Fundamenta Mathematicae, 226, pp.253-277 (2014).
3. Fitzgibbon, E. and Silvestri, S. Rational Maps: Julia Sets of Accessible Mandelbrot Sets are not Homeomorphic. To appear in Topology Proceedings.
2. Silvestri, S. Non Homeomorphic Julia Sets of Singularly Perturbed Rational Maps. Pi Mu Epsilon Journal, 13:10 (2014).
1. Bose, K., Cox, T., Silvestri, S., and Varin, P. Invasion Front and Pattern Formation in a Model of Chemotaxis in One and Two Dimensions. SIAM Undergraduate Research Online, 6 (2013).
Honors, Awards and Grants
2019 - Best Student Presentation at the Postgraduate Conference in Complex Dynamics. https://sites.google.com/view/pccd19
2018 - Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award awarded by the IUPUI School of Science.
2017 - Certificate in College Teaching awarded by Center of Teaching & Learning, IUPUI.