Chemistry Minor (Purdue)Offered by: Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology The undergraduate minor in chemistry requires a minimum of 21 credit hours of chemistry courses.
Why choose a minor in chemistry?
Gain a thorough introduction to inorganic, organic, and physical or analytical chemistry so that you are well prepared for careers or graduate study in life sciences, medicine or other health-related fields.
Which plans of study pair well?
- Biology B.A. or B.S. (one additional course — 3 cr.)
- Clinical Lab Science B.S. (one additional course — 3 cr.)
- Environmental Health Science BSPH (two additional courses — 6 cr.)
- Environmental Science B.S. (five additional courses — 12 cr.)
- Kinesiology B.S. (six additional courses — 16 cr.)
“My mentors at IUPUI gave me a level of responsibility in the lab that provided an advantage when I was working in new areas at NYU.”Ahmed Malik Chemistry, Undergraduate
"I see all fields of science as being fundamentally integrated and connected with one another. By getting a minor, I developed skills and new ways of thinking that have helped me ask the right questions in my research."
Jason Walsman | Chemistry Minor