In Memory of Anna K. Suter (1907 - 1982)


Anna K. Suter first served on the faculty of the Department of Mathematical Sciences beginning in 1941, at the Indianapolis Purdue Extension, long before the 1969 merger of Indiana and Purdue Universities into IUPUI. She devoted her entire career to the Indianapolis Campus, and she was well known for her devotion to her students and her commitment to the betterment of the Department. She retired from active teaching in 1973 and established the Anna K. Suter Award. At the time of her death in 1982, her entire estate was left to the Department of Mathematical Sciences to fund the scholarships in perpetuity